Place:


Ashmanhaugh  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashmanhaugh like this:

ASHMANHAUGH, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; 9 miles NNE of Norwich r. station. Post town, Coltishall under Norwich. Acres, 665. Real pro perty, £1,172. Pop., 136. Houses, 32. The property is divided between two. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £42. Patron, Sir J. H. Preston, Bart. The church is good. Charities, £12.

Ashmanhaugh through time

Ashmanhaugh is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashmanhaugh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashmanhaugh in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5955

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashmanhaugh ".