Place:


Spixworth  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spixworth like this:

SPIXWORTH, a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk; 5 miles N by E of Norwich r. station. Post town, Norwich. Acres, 1,224. Real property, £2,227. Pop., 44. Houses, 8. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to J. Longe, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £362.* Patron, J. Longe, Esq. The church is good. Archbishop Hoadley was rector.

Spixworth through time

Spixworth is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spixworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spixworth, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5929

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spixworth ".