Place:


South Wootton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Wootton like this:

WOOTTON (South), a parish in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 1¼ mile from North Wootton r. station, and 2½ NNE of Lynn. It has a post-office under Lynn. Acres, 1,874; of which 505 are foreshore or reclaimed land in the Wash. Real property, £2,355. Pop., 150. Houses, 33. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £270.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was recently repaired. There is a national school.

South Wootton through time

South Wootton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Wootton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Wootton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5928

Date accessed: 24th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Wootton ".