Place:


Haroldston St Issell  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haroldston St Issell like this:

HARROLDSTON-ST. ISSELLS, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the river Cleddy, 1 mile SE of Haverfordwest town and r. station. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 1, 150. Real property, £2, 050. Pop., 281. Houses, 59. The old seat of the Harrolds and the Perrots here is now a ruin. Fern Hill is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £56. Patron, James Higgon, Esq.

Haroldston St Issell through time

Haroldston St Issell is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Haroldston St Issell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haroldston St Issell in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5909

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Haroldston St Issell ".