Place:


West Bilney  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Bilney like this:

BILNEY (West), a parish in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; on the Lynn and Dereham railway, at Bilney station, 7 miles ESE of Kings-Lynn. Post Town, East Winch, under Lynn. Acres, 2,750. Real property, £2,439. Pop., 253. Houses, 50. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £60. Patron, J. Dalton, Esq. The church is ancient. Charities, £.6 and a fuel allotment.

West Bilney through time

West Bilney is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Bilney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Bilney in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5889

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Bilney ".