Place:


Parwich  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Parwich like this:

PARWICH, a village and a parish in Ashborne district, Derby. The village stands 1¾ mile S W of the Cromford and High Peak railway, and 6 N of Ashborne; and has a post-office‡ under Ashborne. The parish comprises 3, 247 acres. Real property, £4, 502. Pop., 521. Houses, 108. The property is subdivided. ...


The manor belongs to T. W. Evans, Esq. A Roman campwas here, and has yielded many Roman relics, and leftsome remains. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £130. Patron, T. W. Evans, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has Norman arches. There are a national school, built in 1862, and charities £91.

Parwich through time

Parwich is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Parwich itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Parwich in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5845

Date accessed: 19th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Parwich ".