Place:


Midgham  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Midgham like this:

MIDGHAM, a chapelry in Thatcham parish, Berks; on the river Kennet, the Kennet and Avon cana1, and the Great Western railway, near woolhampton r. station, and 7 miles E of Newbury. Post town, Woolhampton, under Reading. Acres, 1,730. Real property, £2,498. Pop., 233. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. Midgham House is the seat of B. B. Green, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £105.* Patron, not reported. The church is ancient.

Midgham through time

Midgham is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Midgham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Midgham in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5838

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Midgham ".