Place:


Dunchideock  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunchideock like this:

DUNCHIDEOCK, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; E of the river Teign, 4 miles SW of Exeter town and r. station. It has a post office under Exeter. Acres, 950. Real property, £1, 068. Pop., 155. Houses, 33. The surface is scattered. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Shillingford, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £121. Patron, Sir L. Palk, Bart. The church stands on an eminence; is of the 12th or 13th century: consists of nave, chancel, and north aisle, with western embattled tower; and has a delicately-carved screen.

Dunchideock through time

Dunchideock is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dunchideock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunchideock, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5759

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dunchideock".