Place:


Kilverstone  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kilverstone like this:

KILVERSTONE, a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk; on a branch of the Little Ouse river, adjacent to the Norwich railway, and to the boundary with Suffolk, 1¾ mile E of Thetford r. station. Post town, Thetford. Acres, 2, 026. Real property, £862. Pop., 39. Houses, 9. The property belonged formerly to the Cornwallises; and, with K. ...


Hall, belongs now to John W. Davy, Esq. The Hall is a fine modern mansion, and stands in a park of many miles in circuit. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £140. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman; was repaired in 1857; and has a round ivy clad tower.

Kilverstone through time

Kilverstone is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kilverstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kilverstone, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5747

Date accessed: 02nd August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kilverstone ".