Place:


Stanstead St Margaret  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanstead St Margaret like this:

STANSTEAD-St. MARGARET, a parish in Ware district, Herts; adjacent to St. Margaret's and Rye-House r. stations, 2½ miles SSE of Ware. Post town, Stanstead, under Ware. Acres, 390. Real property, £786. Pop., 93. Houses, 20. The Old Rye-House, the scene of the Rye-House plot, is in the S. The living is a donative in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £6. Patron, the Rev.Pratt.

Stanstead St Margaret through time

Stanstead St Margaret is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanstead St Margaret itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanstead St Margaret in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5726

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanstead St Margaret ".