Place:


Stoke Prior  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Prior like this:

STOKE-PRIOR, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Leominster district, Hereford, 2½ miles SSE of Leominster r. station. It has a post-office under Leominster. Acres, 2,569. Real property, £3,322-Pop., 448. Houses, 106. The manor belongs to J. Arkwright, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, united with Docklow, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £132.* Patron, the Vicar of Leominster. The church was mainly rebuilt, and the chancel restored, in 1863. There is a national school.

Stoke Prior through time

Stoke Prior is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoke Prior itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Prior in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5713

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoke Prior ".