Place:


Bramerton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramerton like this:

BRAMERTON, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; near the river Yare, 2½ miles SSW of Brundall r. station, and 5 SE of Norwich. It has a post office under Norwich. Acres, 728. Real property, £1,846. Pop., 300. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. Bramerton Hall is the seat of R. Fellowes, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported.* Patron, R. Fellowes, Esq. The church is very good. There are an endowed school, and other charities £6.

Bramerton through time

Bramerton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bramerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramerton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5697

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bramerton ".