Place:


Brackenfield  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brackenfield like this:

BRACKENFIELD, a township-chapelry in Morton parish, Derby; 2 miles SW of Stretton r. station, and 4 NW of Alfreton. Post Town, Alfreton. Real property, £3,498. Pop., 317. Houses, 77. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £80.* Patron, G. Tunbutt, Esq. The church was built in 1855. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.

Brackenfield through time

Brackenfield is now part of North East Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brackenfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brackenfield in North East Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5651

Date accessed: 10th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brackenfield ".