Place:


Linkenholt  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Linkenholt like this:

LINKENHOLT, a parish in Andover district, Hants; near the boundary with Berks and Wilts, 10 miles N of Andover r. station. Post town, Hungerford. Acres, 1,074. Real property, with Vernham-Dean, £5,167. Rated property of L. alone, £420. Pop., 88. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Mrs. England. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £213.* Patrons, the Executors of the late Rev. J. M. Colson. The church is Norman, in good condition; and has a low and curious chancel arch.

Linkenholt through time

Linkenholt is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Linkenholt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Linkenholt, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5639

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Linkenholt".