Place:


Harpton  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harpton like this:

HARPTON (UPPER), a township in the parishes of Old Radnor, New Radnor, and Llanfihangel-nant-mellan, Radnorshire; contiguous to Herefordshire, 3½ miles NW of Kington. It has a post-office, designated Harpton, Radnorshire. Real property, £3,212. Pop., 186. Houses, 35. Pop. of the Old Radnor portion, 134. Houses, 26. Harpton Court here is the seat of the Lewes family.

Harpton through time

Harpton is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harpton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harpton, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5610

Date accessed: 27th July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harpton ".