Place:


Trusham  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trusham like this:

TRUSHAM, a parish in Newton-Abbot district, Devon; 6½ miles N of Newton-Abbot r. station. Post town, Chudleigh, under Newton-Abbot. Acres, 749. Real property, £876. Pop., 223. Houses, 50. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron, Sir J G. R. De la Pole. The church is plain.

Trusham through time

Trusham is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trusham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trusham, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5594

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Trusham".