Place:


Bale  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bale like this:

BALE, or Bathley, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 4½ miles E by N of Walsingham r. station. Post Town, Holt under Thetford. Acres, 1,041. Real property, £1,850. Pop., 227. Houses, 50. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory, an nexed to the rectory of Gunthorpe, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was restored in 1864. Charities, £15.

Bale through time

Bale is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bale in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5587

Date accessed: 10th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bale ".