Place:


Lammas  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lammas like this:

LAMMAS, a parish, with a village, in Aylsham district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, 5 miles SE of Aylsham, and 9 NNE of Norwich r. station. Post-town, Hevingham, under Norwich. Acres, 500. Real property, with Little Hautbois, £1,860. Pop., 291. Houses, 60. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. ...


W. H. Marsh. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Little Hautbois, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £250.* Patron, the Rev. W. H. Marsh. The church consists of nave and chancel, with S porch and low embattled tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.

Lammas through time

Lammas is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lammas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lammas, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5581

Date accessed: 05th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lammas ".