Place:


Thorpe Abbots  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorpe Abbots like this:

THORPE-ABBOTS, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles E of Diss r. station. Post town, Scole. Acres, 1,122. Real property, £1,819. Pop., 256. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £305.* Patron, J. P. Reade, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £9.

Thorpe Abbots through time

Thorpe Abbots is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thorpe Abbots itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorpe Abbots in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5580

Date accessed: 27th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thorpe Abbots ".