Place:


Garford  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Garford like this:

GARFORD, a chapelry in Marcham parish, Berks; on the river Ock, 3¾ miles NNE of Wantage-Road r. station, and 4½ WSW of Abingdon. Post town, Marcham, under Abingdon. Real property, £2, 141. Pop., 173. Houses, 40. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Marcham, in the diocese of Oxford.

Garford through time

Garford is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Garford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Garford, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5532

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Garford ".