Place:


Stratton Strawless  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stratton Strawless like this:

STRATTON-STRAWLESS, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; 8 miles N by W of Norwich r. station. Post town, Norwich. Acres, 1,582. Real property, £2,018. Pop., 202. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to the Marshams. S. Hall is the residence of Lieut. Col. H. Fitzroy. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £287. Patron, the Rev. H. P. Marsham. The church is good. Charities, £25.

Stratton Strawless through time

Stratton Strawless is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stratton Strawless itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stratton Strawless, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5470

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stratton Strawless ".