Place:


Trowse  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trowse like this:

TROWSE, a parish in Henstead and Norwich districts, Norfolk. The Henstead part lies on the Norwich and Wymondham railway, 1 mile S of Norwich r. station: bears the name of T. Newton; and has a post-office under Norwich, and a r. station. Acres, 1,153. Real property, £3,500; of which £160 are in the railway. ...


Pop., 717. Houses, 150. The Norwich part lies within Norwich city; and comprises the hamlets of T.-Millgate, Carrow, and Brecondale. Real property, £3,534. Pop., 687. Houses, 157. Crown Point, a mansion erected in 1866, is the seat of R. J. Harvey, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Lakenham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £361. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of N. The church is later English. There are national and British schools.

Trowse through time

Trowse is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trowse itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trowse in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5459

Date accessed: 28th March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trowse ".