Place:


Peasemore  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peasemore like this:

PEASEMORE, a village and a parish in Wantage district, Berks. The village stands 3¾ miles S W by S of East Ilsley, and 7 N of Newbury r. station; and has a post-office under Newbury. The parish comprises 2,048acres. Real property, £3, 243. Pop., 332. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Eyre, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £800.* Patron,Eyre, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1842, but retains thetower and spire of the previous church. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.

Peasemore through time

Peasemore is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peasemore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peasemore in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5419

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peasemore ".