Place:


Ashford Bowdler  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashford Bowdler like this:

ASHFORD-BOWDLER, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; on the river Teme, adjacent to Wooferton r. station, 2½ miles S of Ludlow. Post Town, Ludlow. Acres, 575. Real property, £1,144. Pop., 106. Houses, 18. The property is not much divided. Ashford-Bowdler Court and Ashford-Bowdler Hall are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £55. Patron, Walker, Esq. The church is an old edifice, figuring picturesquely in a neat small village.

Ashford Bowdler through time

Ashford Bowdler is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashford Bowdler itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashford Bowdler in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5388

Date accessed: 22nd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashford Bowdler ".