Llandyfodwg  Glamorgan


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandyfodwg like this:

LLANDYFODOG, a parish in Bridgend district, Glamorgan; on a branch of the river Ogmore, 5¼ miles NE of Bridgend r. station. It contains the villages of Blackmill and Pantyrid; the former of which has a post office under Bridgend. Acres, 6,508. Real property, £1,495. Pop., 254. Houses, 53. ...

The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the duchy of Lancaster. Coal and iron ore are found; and there are mineral springs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £89. Patron, Miss E. Turberville. The church is dedicated to St. Tyvodwg, and is tolerably good.

Llandyfodwg through time

Llandyfodwg is now part of Bridgend district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgend has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandyfodwg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandyfodwg, in Bridgend and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 07th April 2020

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandyfodwg ".