Place:


Thistleton  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thistleton like this:

THISTLETON, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; 4¼ miles ENE of Ashwell r. station, and 7½ NNE of Oakham. Post town, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Acres, 1,420. Real property, £1,768. Pop., 142. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. H. Fludyer. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £118.* Patron, the Rev. J. H. Fludyer. The church is good: and there is an endowed school with £36 a year.

Thistleton through time

Thistleton is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thistleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thistleton in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5339

Date accessed: 08th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thistleton ".