Place:


Catfield  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catfield like this:

CATFIELD, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; adjacent to Barton and Hickling meres, 5¾ miles SE of Worstead, and 10 NNE of Brundall r. station. It has a post office under Norwich. Acres, 2,393. Real property, £4,418. Pop., 660. Houses, 162. The property is much subdivided. Catfield House is the seat of the Rev. B. L. Cubitt. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £606. Patron, alt. the Bishop of N. and the Rev. B. L. Cubitt. The church is partly later English. There is a P. Methodist chapel.

Catfield through time

Catfield is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Catfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catfield in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5324

Date accessed: 19th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Catfield ".