Place:


Moreton on Lugg  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moreton on Lugg like this:

MORETON-UPON-LUGG, a village and a parish in the district and county of Hereford. The village stands on the river Lug, adjacent to the Shrewsbury and the Hereford railway, 4 ¼ miles N of Hereford; and has a station on the railway. The parish comprises 885 acres. Post town, Hereford. Real property, £1,480. Pop., 77. Houses, 12. The property belongs to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £212.* Patron, the Prebendary of Moreton-Magna. The church is ancient, and has a tower.

Moreton on Lugg through time

Moreton on Lugg is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moreton on Lugg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moreton on Lugg in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5285

Date accessed: 23rd May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moreton on Lugg ".