Place:


Wormsley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wormsley like this:

WORMSLEY, a parish in Weobly district, Hereford; 2½ miles N by E of Bishop stone r. station, and 3 SE of Weobly. Post town, Weobly, Herefordshire. Acres, 1,233. Real property, £1,181. Pop., 121. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to Sir W. R. Boughton, Bart. An Augustinian priory was founded here by G. Talbot, in the time of King John. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, Sir W. R. Boughton, Bart. The church is tolerable.

Wormsley through time

Wormsley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wormsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wormsley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5235

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wormsley ".