Place:


Bradstone  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradstone like this:

BRADSTONE, a parish in Tavistock district, Devon; on the river Tamar, 4½ miles SSE of Launceston r. station, and 8 NW by N of Tavistock. Post Town, Launceston. Acres, 1,257. Real property, £1,535. Pop., 142. Houses, 23. The property is divided between the Bradshaws and the Kellys. ...


The manor-house, an old Tudor edifice, belongs to the former; and is now tenanted by a farmer. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £204.* Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is perpendicular English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and is in tolerable condition.

Bradstone through time

Bradstone is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradstone in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5201

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradstone ".