Place:


Farlington  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farlington like this:

FARLINGTON, a parish in Havant district, Hants; on the New Portsmouth railway, and on Langston harbour, 4 miles W of Havant. It includes part of the village of Purbrook, which has a post office under Portsmouth. -Acres, 4, 210; of which 1,837 are water. Real property, £7, 186. Pop., 931. ...


Houses, 172. The property is divided among a few. Here are the water-works which supply Portsmouth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £529.* Patron, the Rev. E. T. Richards. The church is ancient; has a fine east window, and a curious cross-legged effigies; and is good. The p. curacy of Purbrook is a separate benefice.

Farlington through time

Farlington is now part of Portsmouth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Portsmouth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farlington, in Portsmouth and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5169

Date accessed: 20th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farlington ".