Place:


Vernhams Dean  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Vernhams Dean like this:

VERNHAM-DEAN, a parish in Andover district, Hants; 7½ miles N by W of Andover r. station. It has a post-office under Hungerford. Acres, 3,486. Real property, with Linkenholt, £5,167. Pop. of V.-D. alone, 727. Houses, 162. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Hurstbourne-Tarrant. The church was recently restored. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Vernhams Dean through time

Vernhams Dean is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Vernhams Dean itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Vernhams Dean, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5167

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Vernhams Dean".