Place:


Quidenham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quidenham like this:

QUIDDENHAM, a parish in Guiltcross district, Norfolk; on an affluent of the Little Ouse river, 1 mile S of Eccles-Road r. station, and 2½ E N E of East Harling. Post-town, Attleborough. Acres, 1, 126. Real property, £1, 303. Pop., 111. Houses, 22. The property belongs to the Earl of Albemarle; and Q. ...


Hall is the Earl's seat. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Snetterton, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £636.* Patron, the Earl of Albemarle. The church was restored in 1859; has a high Norman porch and a round tower with octangular lantern; and contains two monuments to the Hollands and one to Lady Sophia Macdonald. There is a free school.

Quidenham through time

Quidenham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quidenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quidenham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5145

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quidenham ".