Place:


Warham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warham like this:

WARHAM (All Saints and St. Mary), two parishes in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 2 and 2½ miles SSE of Wells r. station. Post town, Wells, Norfolk. Acres, 1,774 and 3,066; of which 600 and 1,010 are water. Real property, £2,995. Pop., 318 and 74. Houses, 69 and 13. The manors belong to the Earl of Leicester. There is a Danish camp of 9 acres. The livings are conjoint rectories in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £600.* Patron, the Earl of Leicester. A. S. church is good; but St. M.'s is extinct. There is a national school.

Warham through time

Warham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5127

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warham ".