Place:


Greatham  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Greatham like this:

GREATHAM, a parish in Petersfield district, Hants; on the east verge of the county, 3½ miles W of Liphook r. station, and 5 NNE of Petersfield. Post town, Liss, under Petersfield. Acres, 2, 123. Real property, £1, 633. Pop., 238. Houses, 48. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £275. * Patron, the Rev. Joseph Foster. The church consists of gave and chancel, with north porch; and is good.

Greatham through time

Greatham is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Greatham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Greatham in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5117

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Greatham ".