Place:


St Clether  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Clether like this:

CLETHER (St.), a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; on the river Inny, 7 miles E by N of Camelford, and 7½ W of Launceston r. station. Post town, Altarnun, under Launceston. Acres, 2, 960. Real property, £2, 414. Pop., 229. Houses, 42. The property is much subdivided. The rocks include granite and hornblende. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £165.* Patron, not reported. The church is good. Remains of a small chapel are over a spring, called Basil's well.

St Clether through time

St Clether is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Clether itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Clether in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5108

Date accessed: 22nd June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Clether ".