Place:


Mabe  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mabe like this:

MABE, a parish in Falmouth district, Cornwall; 2¼ miles SSW of Penrhyn r. station, and 3½ W by S of Falmouth. Post town, Falmouth. Acres, 2,569. Real property, £2,530; of which £28 are in quarries. Pop., 613. HouseS, 117. The property is much subdivided. Granite is quarried. An ancient cross is at Hellind. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the Vicarage of Mylar, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is ancient, has a lofty granite tower, and was reported in 1859 asnot good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Mabe through time

Mabe is now part of Kerrier district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kerrier has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mabe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mabe, in Kerrier and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5103

Date accessed: 27th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mabe ".