Place:


Cathedin  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cathedin like this:

CATHEDINE, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; on an affluent of the river Wye, near the Hereford and Brecon railway, 6 miles SSW of Talgarth. It contains the nominal ancient borough of Blaenllynfi; and its Post Town is Llangorsei, under Hereford. Acres, 1,567. Real property, £1,468. Pop., 191. Houses, 44. Cathedine House is the seat of the Ven. R. W. P. Davies. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £141. Patron, the Ven. R. W. P. Davies.

Cathedin through time

Cathedin is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cathedin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cathedin, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5093

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cathedin ".