Place:


Barton Blount  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barton Blount like this:

BARTON-BLOUNT, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on a tributary of the river Dove, 4 miles NNE of Tutbury r. station, and 10 W of Derby. Post Town, Church-Broughton, under Derby. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £2,301. Pop., 73. Houses, 7. The property is not much divided. Barton Hall is the seat of F. Bradshaw, Esq. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £69. Patron, F. Bradshaw, Esq. The church is excellent.

Barton Blount through time

Barton Blount is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barton Blount itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barton Blount in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5087

Date accessed: 03rd August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barton Blount ".