Place:


Holme East Waver  Cumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holme East Waver like this:

HOLME-EAST-WAVER., a township in Holme-Cultram parish, Cumberland; on the river Waver, near Morecambe bay, Abbeytown village, and Abbey r. station. Real property, £4, 699. Pop., 526. Houses, 98. The village of Newton-Arlosh is here; was once a market town; and has remains of a fortified church, built about the year 1303. The township of H. E. W. appears to be conterminate with Newton-Arlosh chapelry.

Holme East Waver through time

Holme East Waver is now part of Allerdale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Allerdale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holme East Waver itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holme East Waver, in Allerdale and Cumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5070

Date accessed: 26th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holme East Waver ".