Place:


Radnage  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radnage like this:

RADNAGE, a village and a parish in Wycombe district, Bucks. The village stands near the boundary with Oxfordshire, under high hills, 3½ miles N W of West Wycombe r. station, and 6 N W of High Wycombe; and has a postal letter-box under Tetsworth. The parish comprises 1, 352 acres. Real property, £1, 573. ...


Pop., 478. Houses, 91. Part of the land is common. Extensive views are commanded by the hills. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £220.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a plain edifice, with tower and small spire. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and charities £24.

Radnage through time

Radnage is now part of Wycombe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wycombe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radnage itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radnage, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5050

Date accessed: 08th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Radnage ".