Place:


Angle  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Angle like this:

ANGLE, or Nangle, a village and a parish in the district and county of Pembroke. The village stands in a nook or "angle" of the south side of Milford haven, 7 miles SW of Milford-road r. station, and 9 W of Pembroke; bears marks of having been a place of some importance in former ages; and has a post office under Pembroke. ...


The parish comprises 2,276 acres of land, and 2,305 of water. Real property, £2,107. Pop., 512. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The chief residence is Angle Hall. Limestone is quarried. Angle bay affords good anchorage. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £80. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is good.

Angle through time

Angle is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Angle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Angle in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5014

Date accessed: 20th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Angle ".