Place:


Woolfardisworthy  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolfardisworthy like this:

WOOLFARDISWORTHY, or Woolsery, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; 6 miles N by W of Crediton r. station. Post town, Crediton. Acres, 1,815. Real property, £1,638. Pop., 175. Houses, 36. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £335. Patron, Capt. Benn. The church was rebuilt in 1845. There is a national school.

Woolfardisworthy through time

Woolfardisworthy is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woolfardisworthy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolfardisworthy in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5013

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woolfardisworthy ".