Place:


Llanfihangel Rhydieithon  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Rhydieithon like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-RYDITHON, a parish and a township in Knighton district, Radnor. The parish lies between the rivers Aran and Ithon, adjacent to the Knighton and Central Wales railway, 3 miles NE of Penybont, and 6½ NW of New Radnor. Post town, Penybont, Radnorshire. Acres, 3,207. Real property, £2,266. ...


Pop., 378. Houses, 65. The surface was once a forest; and much of it is still unenclosed. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of LlandewiYstradenny, in the diocese of St. David's. The township includes all the parish of Llanfihangel-Rydithon, and part of that of Llandewi-Ystradenny. Pop., 404. Houses, 68.

Llanfihangel Rhydieithon through time

Llanfihangel Rhydieithon is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Rhydieithon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Rhydieithon, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4980

Date accessed: 08th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Rhydieithon ".