Llanfihangel Aberbythych  Carmarthenshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Aberbythych like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-ABERBYTHYCH, a parish in Llandilo-fawr district, Carmarthen; on the river Towy, near the influx of the Bythie, and on the Carmarthen and Llandilo-fawr railway, 3 miles SW by W of Llandilofawr. It contains the hamlets of Llan, Berrach, Bryngwyne, Calliver, Cathargoed, Cathilas, Cilygernant, and Glynn; and its Post town is Llandilo, under Carmarthen. ...

Acres, 6,036. Real property, £4,226. Pop., 824. Houses, 192. The manor belongs to the duchy of Laucaster. Dryslwyn Castle, Dynevor Castle, Golden Grove, and Grongar hill are in the neighbourhood. Good limestone is found. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St David's. Value, £72. Patron, Earl Cawdor. The church was built in 1617.

Llanfihangel Aberbythych through time

Llanfihangel Aberbythych is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Aberbythych itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Aberbythych in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 17th June 2024

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfihangel Aberbythych".