Place:


Lawrenni  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lawrenni like this:

LAWRENNY, a parish in the district and county of Pembroke: on Milford haven, 4 miles NNE of Pembroke r. station. It has a post office under Pembroke. Acres, 2, 672; of which 310 are water. Real property, £1, 692. Pop., 339. Houses, 74. The property belongs to G. Lort Phillips, Esq; and Lawrenny Hall, a very fine mansion, is Mr. Phillips' seat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £168. Patron, George Lort Phillips, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £50.

Lawrenni through time

Lawrenni is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lawrenni itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lawrenni in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4944

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lawrenni ".