Place:


Radwell  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radwell like this:

RADWELL, a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; 1½mile N W by N of Baldock r. station. Post-town, Baldock. Acres, 748. Real property, £1, 331. Pop., 102. Houses, 15. The property is divided among a few. R. House is the residence of G. Johnstone, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £226.* Patron, F. Pym, Esq. The church is ancient but good.

Radwell through time

Radwell is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radwell in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4930

Date accessed: 19th July 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Radwell".