Place:


Felton  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Felton like this:

FELTON, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 5¼ miles E by N of Moreton r. station, and 7½ NE of Hereford. Post town, Stoke-Lacey, under Worcester. Acres, 1, 699. Real property, £1, 954; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 149. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £207.* Patron, J. Wood, Esq. The church is good.

Felton through time

Felton is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Felton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Felton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4905

Date accessed: 27th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Felton ".