Place:


Docklow  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Docklow like this:

DOCKLOW, a parish in Leominster district, Hereford; on an affluent of the river Wye, 4 miles NE by E of Ford-Bridge r. station, and 5 E by S of Leominster. Post town, Stoke-Prior, under Bromsgrove. Acres, inclusive of the extra-parochial tract of Hampton-Wafer, 1, 715. Real property, £1, 913. Pop., 185. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Stoke-Prior, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is old but good.

Docklow through time

Docklow is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Docklow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Docklow in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4902

Date accessed: 20th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Docklow ".