Place:


Kennerleigh  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kennerleigh like this:

KENNERLEY-anciently KENWARDLEIGH-a parish, with a village, in Crediton district, Devon; on the river Creedy, 4 miles NE of Copplestone r. station, and 5 N by W of Crediton. Post town, Crediton. Acres, 732. Real property, £818. Pop., 106. Houses, 24. The manor belongs to Sir S. H. Northcote, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £145. Patrons, the Governors of Crediton Charity. The church is ancient and good. There is a national school.

Kennerleigh through time

Kennerleigh is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kennerleigh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kennerleigh in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4859

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kennerleigh ".